Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Extroverted Introvert

I figured out over the past year that I suffer from being an extroverted introvert. I can do the things, with all the people, but only for so long before I start crawling out of my skin, seeking the quiet. I've been listening more to myself and finding that quiet when I need to instead of pushing myself and thinking there is something wrong with me. Having a name to this was half the battle and helped me make huge strides to emotional health. Just over a year ago, I needed solitude. So, I packed up and went to Florida for the weekend. And in a perfect representation of my life, I went to Disney World. Alone. And it was an amazing day because I was able to be introverted - completely alone with myself and my thoughts and not forced into interactions - I could eat when I wanted, walk around for hours, soak in the magic. I think, when my life is done, that will remain one of my favorite days.

I'm mad today. Mad at my kids, who have become selfish and always seeking the greener grass. I tried to do something nice for them with their Valentines and they fought so much that they both lost their gifts. I'm still so angry. I sat down at my desk, cracked open a Pepsi and dove into the candy. Didn't help. And now I'm even angrier, but now more at myself. I'm sad and heartbroken.

I've tried to get back on track today, but I'm not going to beat myself up any more and just enjoy today and hop back on tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment